пятница, 18 марта 2016 г.

My Cruelty Free & Vegan Makeup Essentials - The Glowing Fridge

My Cruelty Free & Vegan Makeup Essentials - The Glowing Fridge
My Cruelty Free & Vegan Makeup Essentials - The Glowing Fridge

My Vegan & Cruelty Free Makeup Essentials. Primer, Concealer, Mineral Foundation & Powder, Mascara, Brows, Eyeliner, Lipsticks and more! From The Glowing Fridge.

We’re talking makeup and getting girly today ♥


This particular post has been a long time coming. I had to prepare and really find products I love that actually work before I shared anything with you guys. Lots of my tips are intertwined in this long post so have fun! This post is NOT sponsored by the way, just sharing what I really love.


I LOVE makeup and always have. I could spend hours in Sephora and Ulta.


With that being said, the types of products I put on my skin are super important to me and I want to take the best care of it I can.


Did you know we absorb 60% of what we apply on our skin? Frankly, the toxic ingredients in our beauty products are freaky and have been linked to skin allergies, infertility, birth defects, cancer and learning disabilities. Many ingredients seem to disrupt hormones and create reproductive issues in men and women. I could write an entire post on this…. You would be surprised what companies can get away with putting in their products. They can basically put in anything they want. Europe is FAR more strict than the U.S. when it comes to ingredient regulation and it doesn’t make sense.


You are going to freak. Here’s what I found from this article and these aren’t even the harmful chemicals:


Road kill in lipstick and eyeshadow.

Beetle blood in blush and bronzer.

Fish scales in mascara.

Shark liver in lip balm.

Bull semen in hair products (WTF?)

Dynamite in deodorant, toothpaste and exfoliators (… really?)

Snail ooze in moisturizers.

Sheep “wool wax” (lanolin) in shaving cream and moisturizers like Oil of Olay.

Whale poop in luxury perfume.


If you aren’t using vegan or cruelty-free products, there’s a GOOD chance many of those listed above are in the products you use everyday, not to mention countless other harmful carcinogens, fragrances and preservatives. I hate chemicals. There are SO many alternatives and chemicals are unnecessary. Not trying to be that annoying vegan but it makes you wonder right?


There are countless researched articles online if you want to get into it but having The Honest Life book (by Jessica Alba) has been quite handy when I want to quickly look something up. I highly recommend it. She has an entire line of plant based products called Honest from skincare to shampoo to cleaning products to a new makeup line and even the most adorable diapers. Basically everything you would ever need for your home and beauty care, it’s affordable too.


Okay, on to the makeup!!


I went to Ulta earlier in the week to pick up a few things but I literally wanted everything from Tarte and Too Faced. Pacifica too. There are so many vegan-friendly brands available now (here’s a handy list) but I have a few favorites. Tarte and Pacifica are both 100% vegan and cruelty free. Too Faced is cruelty-free and most of their products are vegan (check out this list of their vegan products).


For an everyday look, I gravitate towards the more natural look, but with mega lashes. Big lashes really make your eyes POP.


Wearing foundation feels so heavy to me… like I just want it OFF my face. During my college days, I wore foundation but the past 5 or so years, I’ve been wearing mineral powder foundation which I LOVE. My skin tends to get oily as well so I opt for mattifying products.


STEP 1: MATTIFYING PRIMER


After my moisturizer, I apply a mattifying primer to help keep my concealer and powder in place. The BEST primer I have come across so far has been the Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-hour Perfecting Primer. It smoothes out your skin by filling in any lines and refines your pores – plus it really keeps away the oil. This is a definite MUST-HAVE for me Just recently found out the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is now cruelty free and vegan too – this used to be my absolute fave so I may have to give that a try again too.


My Vegan & Cruelty Free Makeup Essentials. Primer, Concealer, Mineral Foundation & Powder, Mascara, Brows, Eyeliner, Lipsticks and more! From The Glowing Fridge.

STEP 2: CONCEALER


You need to let the primer set and dry for 5-10 minutes. Then I apply concealer with my fingers to my under eyes and on any spots/blemishes to even out my skin tone. For a while now, I’ve been loving the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Waterproof Concealer in Medium. It seems to last wayyyyy longer than most concealers! Before that, I used the Mineral Fusion Liquid Concealer but it’s very light coverage; would be best in the summer or at times when you want something lighter.


My Vegan & Cruelty Free Makeup Essentials. Primer, Concealer, Mineral Foundation & Powder, Mascara, Brows, Eyeliner, Lipsticks and more! From The Glowing Fridge.

STEP 3: SETTING POWDER


After watching way too many YouTube makeup videos, I’ve learned that setting your concealer with a transluscent/setting powder can make the world of a difference in keeping it fresh and making it last. I mostly dab it under my eyes (with the sponge provided) and in my T-zone area, very gently. Don’t go overboard with this step! It can make you look pasty white if you use too much. I forgot to take a picture of my powder compact while doing these photos but I use the BareMinerals Ready SPF 15 Touch Up Veil in Translucent. I ALWAYS carry this around with me wherever I go to rid of any extra shine when I’m out, without having to reapply any actual makeup. No more greaseball face! It’s magic.


STEP 4: MINERAL FOUNDATION POWDER, BRONZER & BLUSH


Next up is the BareMinerals Mineral Matte Foundation in Golden Medium – been using it for years! The trick is to really blend it in. Blend in circular motions with a foundation brush. I use the It Blurring Foundation brush. This mineral foundation feels so light but gives the most amazing looking coverage. It buffs away all imperfections and redness. I swear, I’ll never go back to liquid foundation.


After that’s all blended, I sweep some bronzer on my cheekbones and upper forehead. Then apply highlighter down my nose and on my cheekbones. For this I use the Mineral Fusion Bronzer in Luster. The bronzer gives you a sunkissed look and the highlighter is not glittery or super shimmery – just enough for a little extra glow.


For blush, I tend to go with a baby pink color and finally picked up the Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Fearless. It’s the cutest pink tone and I sweep on just a little bit to the apples of my cheeks for some color. Plus it’s not shimmery which is ideal for more oily skin types as that extra shimmer can add to an already shiny situation!


My Vegan & Cruelty Free Makeup Essentials. Primer, Concealer, Mineral Foundation & Powder, Mascara, Brows, Eyeliner, Lipsticks and more! From The Glowing Fridge.

STEP 5: MASCARA, LINER & BROWS


As mentioned above, I love big lashes with lots of volume! Otherwise, I usually keep it pretty simple with eye makeup, sticking to mascara, eyeliner and filling in my brows. Using an eyebrow pencil really helps to frame the face, making your eyes pop even more – such an important step! For brows, the Tarte Waterproof Brow Pencil in Taupe is my favorite because it’s a super skinny pencil and goes on smooth.


Wearing eyeliner is not something I wear everyday but when I do, the Bare Minerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Absolute Black is my go-to. It glides on easily and doesn’t dry out like some I’ve tried. Before this step though, I always curl my lashes!


For mascara, the Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara is amazing! It conditions, lengthens and volumizes in the best way. Waterproof mascara dries faster, helping to keep your lashes more curled than if you were to use regular. This one is not hard to get off either, promise. I usually apply two coats, pulling the wand towards the middle of my face, rather than pulling outwards – this helps create more volume and avoids clumps. Learned this trick from YouTube


My Vegan & Cruelty Free Makeup Essentials. Primer, Concealer, Mineral Foundation & Powder, Mascara, Brows, Eyeliner, Lipsticks and more! From The Glowing Fridge.

STEP 6: LIPSTICK & LIP BALM


Ever since high school, my absolute favorite lip balm has been the Rosebud Lip Balm in Minted Rose (adore the Strawberry one too). My friends were addicted to it too. This stuff lasts FOREVER and hydrates like no other. Before bed every single night I smear a bunch on – feels so soothing and healing. My lips are never dry because of this stuff.


Lipstick is one of those things I was never into until recently. I love nude colors and that whole look with the bold lashes – makes you look more tan. Too Faced has the creamiest, super-luxe lipsticks called La Créme – the Naked Dolly is my fave shade. Their formula is ultra-hydrating and smooth, not too glossy but not too matte either. Feels so fancy! Can’t wait to try a few more.


For the days when I don’t feel like wearing lipstick, I like a little lip tint! I’ll use the Tarte LipSurgence Matte Tint in Lucky. Leaves you with a velvety-matte finish and no sticky feel, plus it stays put forever.


My Vegan & Cruelty Free Makeup Essentials. Primer, Concealer, Mineral Foundation & Powder, Mascara, Brows, Eyeliner, Lipsticks and more! From The Glowing Fridge.

Hope all this has been helpful and makes you feel a little better about navigating through all the makeup out there! When in doubt, just google if a product is vegan or not, usually the brands will have a FAQ somewhere on their site.


Let me know what your favorite vegan and cruelty-free products are in the comments below.


Original article and pictures take http://www.theglowingfridge.com/cruelty-free-vegan-makeup-essentials/#_a5y_p=5917984 site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий